For when you have a new scheme with several options or you have an idea and are unsure how next to proceed.
Our team of experienced engineers and operations professionals will help you to make the right business decision by evaluating each option against a broad a range of scheme specific factors in addition to:
- Technical/engineering viability/practicality
- Capital cost
- Opportunity cost
- Operating cost
- Regulatory compliance
- Risk assessment
- Implementation timing and operational impact
- Cash flow
We can ask the “stupid questions” so that you don’t have to!
Alongside the evaluation of options, cost estimates can be produced of increasing accuracy dependent upon the level of definition of the scope of any option/s:
- Estimate – typically a factored estimate based on major equipment purchase cost
- Pre-Authorisation Budget – based on an outline scope definition and preliminary site layouts, process flow diagrams and P.& I.D.’s
- Authorisation Budget – produced after completion of the Process- or Front End Engineering- Design (F.E.E.D.); accuracy typically +/- 10%
- Control Budget- produced towards the end of the Detailed Engineering phase and used to check adequacy of funding and as a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) for the implementation of the project
With this phased development of project concepts, working closely with client staff, we can ensure that the whole life cycle of a capital investment project is managed effectively so that your objectives are achieved.