Computer Aided Design Drafting
CADD is the utilisation of computer based systems which are typically used by architects, engineers and designers to undertake the development of new assets plus the modification of existing assets including feasibility, conceptual and detail design ultimately leading to the production and delivery of accurate CAD as built drawing records.
Long O Donnell produce or update the CADD drawings, which form part of an asset’s H&S files which in turn enables the assets to be efficiently utilised throughout operational life cycles and decommissioning.
Our range of CADD capability covers a broad industry spectrum enabling us to tailor our services to meet bespoke requirements.
Long O Donnell provides Computer Aided Design Drafting (CADD) engineering services for major blue chip clients throughout the UK and Ireland in the development and modification of their engineering assets. We offer a valued alternative to in house CADD resources.
Our clients value their asset records highly as they enable them to develop, modify and demonstrate their operational capability to meet industry H&S, engineering, design, construction and as built records requirements.
Long O Donnell support these requirements every time a drawing is modified. Our CADD services are provided using Bentley Microstation, AutoCad and other industry packages as follows:
- 2D and 3D formats, BIM (Building Information Modelling) implementation.
- Direct provision of CADD Engineers and Operators experienced in Microstation and AutoCad.
- Site surveys for the provision of data capture to produce “red-line” mark ups and produce operational drawings. and CADD drawings across all engineering disciplines.
- Site setting out to approved CADD designs.
- Asbuilt surveys and updates of CADD construction drawings enabling the production of As built records compilation of as built data books to client requirements.
- Site validation surveys of existing CADD records.
- Appraisal and acceptance of CADD records from third party suppliers.
- Production of CADD records including create from new, update and modify existing.
- Translation of CADD records between different CADD packages, i.e. AutoCad to Microstation.